Independent Film Production: A Survival Pocket Guide
Duration: 4 hours (including 2 x 30 Minutes break)
Learn to navigate the steps involved in independent film productions.
A “pocket guide” for all aspiring indie filmmakers, this four-hour masterclass will take you through the essential aspects of filmmaking including script development and distribution, pitching to sponsors, buyers and festivals, funding opportunities, promotion strategies, and more.
- Introduction to the independent film industry.
- History and aesthetic influences (indie American and European waves) and current state of the industry in terms of production and distribution.
- How do I enter the independent film industry?
- Focus on options for emerging filmmakers on an international level (project development programs in Europe, festival labs, competitions, training programs. Extra focus: Germany)
Participants are encouraged to pose their own questions and to have an interactive presence in class.
- Project presentation: The production file
- The production file is the film in written form. Tips on writing effective Loglines, Proposals and treatments, calculating budgets and organizing funding and distribution campaigns.
- The art of pitching
- Pitching a film project (from directors and/or producers) is an ongoing procedure which starts even before the script is written. We pitch do get funding, find partners, distribute and sell our film. Focus on tips and effective techniques to grab the viewers attention and have an amazing appearance.